Sunday, December 12, 2004

helmet hair

Ever wonder what NFL players' hair looks like with the helmet off? Okay, probably not. But if you do, I found this page at Sports Illustrated showng selected players' wild hairstyles. Not suprisingly, my favorite is that of a Pittsburgh Steeler, safety Troy Polamalu.

What? You thought I was going to say Ben Roethlisberger? Hell of a quarterback; yes. Bad-ass name; check. Hair icon; not even close.

Back to Polamalu. Here's what he had to say:

"I last cut my hair three years ago. Indirectly, it's part of my heritage -- there are a lot of Samoans with really long hair. I don't worry about getting it yanked on the field. It would be the best hair pulling ever: They could pull my hair out on an interception."

Come to think of it, he did look like one of The Jets! I know they're from Tonga, but check out their picture as opposed to his.

Read more about the hair at Head Cases: What's Under My Helmet

No comments:

Post a Comment